Thursday, October 11, 2018

The Weekly(ish) Update - Issue 0026


Tick tock... tick tock...

I have been single for a VERY long time... and interestingly it is not because I don't know woman who I am attracted to. Quite the opposite in-fact. I know too many attractive woman. I actually think I lucky enough to know some of the most beautiful woman on the planet and simply do not know how to choose just one. 

I for now call home somewhere that woman from all over the world go to on holiday. I work somewhere that extremely attractive woman like to work, and also pay to play. I am surrounded by beautiful woman, and sometimes I think my life is like being in the worlds biggest 'Candy Store', that I am standing at the foot of a huge glass display case trying to decide what i want to spend all my pocket money on.

People enter and leave the store in a blur around me... I can almost see myself… child-like... standing there wide eyed... almost drooling... trying to decide which candy i want... but i never can decide... for me the choosing part is very difficult...

Sometimes when I can’t decide quickly... someone else will walk into the Candy Store... know exactly what they want... get it... and walk out... and I am left wondering why i didn’t pick that one… why my choice is not so easy for me... 

Sometimes when i decide... the person at the front of the que takes the candy i want before i actually get to it... forcing me to choose another because someone else was there first... and reluctantly i look again. Each time I miss out on what i think i want... the next choice i make becomes even harder... maybe it is because i think there are less to choose from... but mostly it is because i want to make the right choice. I want the best candy i can get... otherwise what is the point??

One minute my head is twisted left... the next right. I try to make another decision before someone else walks in, and in my new found haste i realise i have missed something, just out of sight, and all too quickly that is gone as well. Lost forever. Leaving me unseen amidst the blur of people who walk in, get what they want, and walk out again satisfied with their purchase.

I have never considered trying them all, but I have in all honestly probably tried more candy than i wanted to. Sometimes whilst trying to decide i am distracted, a new candy will be put on display and whilst looking at that, another will disappear from the shelf, so far i have not managed to find, admire, purchase, and enjoy one of these sweet treats that i think i could have had if my life was different. Sometimes I hate being in the Candy Store so much i leave. Isolating myself from the world around me.

Its a terrible metaphor. I do know that women are not as simple as a coloured lump of sugar, decorated beyond recognition, but typically as i think, i type, and as i type, these words have appeared. Its not the first time i have referenced being child like in a situation. I often feel lost amidst the backdrop of the life i am roaming through, trying to find my place in this world, surrounded by beautiful strangers… 

…tick tock. tick tock.

Till soon. Be safe. Stay you.

.K

Walk 4 Life - North Island

I don't think most stories are meant to start in the middle, but unlike most stories, this is my story. Actually, this is only part of ...